Dipl.-Ing. Markus Kühne
Institut für Informatik VI
Technische Universität München
Markus Kühne is currently working towards his Doctor of Engineering degree at the Technical University of Munich, Germany. He received the Diploma Engineering degree in Mechanical Engineering from the Technical University of Munich; the Diploma Engineering degree in Robotics and Embedded Systems from the École Nationale Supérieure de Techniques Avancées (ENSTA) ParisTech, Paris, France; and the Master’s degree in Robotics from the Université Pierre et Marie Curie (UPMC), Paris, France. His research interests include robot design and control as well as medical robotics.
Past and Current Projects
- since 2017: Development of a hand exoskeleton for rehabilitation therapy.
- 2014 - 2017: Development of a universal MR-compatible haptic interface for motor neuroscience: MR-Octo. (Video)
- 2013: Diploma thesis: Reflexes in variable stiffness actuators using the DLR Hand Arm System David.
- 2012: Diploma thesis: Development of a kit of intelligent objects for upper-limb assessment and rehabilitation at the Human Robotics Group (Imperial College, London) and ISIR (UPMC, Paris).
- 2011: Student project: Development of a wheelchair driving simulator (elected as one of the best projects of the year at ENSTA-Paristech).
M. Kühne, M. Eschelbach, A. Aghaeifar, L. von Pflugk, A. Thielscher, M. Himmelbach, K. Scheffler, P. van der Smagt and A. Peer, "An MR-Compatible Haptic Interface with Seven Degrees of Freedom," in IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, Feb. 2018
M. Kühne, R. García Rochín, R. Santiesteban, G. J. Rubio Astorga and A. Peer, "Modeling and Two-Input Sliding Mode Control of Rotary Traveling Wave Ultrasonic Motors," in IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. PP, no. 99, Jan. 2018
M. Kühne, J. Potzy, R. García Rochín, P. van der Smagt and A. Peer, "Design and Evaluation of a Haptic Interface With Octopod Kinematics," in IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, vol. 22, no. 5, pp. 2091-2101, Oct. 2017
A. M. Schmidts, M. Schneider, M. Kühne and A. Peer, "A new interaction force decomposition maximizing compensating forces under physical work constraints," 2016 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), Stockholm, 2016
R. García Rochín, M. Kühne, R. Santiesteban-Cos, G. J. Rubio-Astorga and A. Peer, "Second-order model for rotary traveling wave ultrasonic motors," 2015 IEEE-RAS 15th International Conference on Humanoid Robots (Humanoids), Seoul, 2015
M. A. Ergin, M. Kühne, A. Thielscher and A. Peer, "Design of a new MR-compatible haptic interface with six actuated degrees of freedom," 5th IEEE RAS/EMBS International Conference on Biomedical Robotics and Biomechatronics, Sao Paulo, 2014
N. Jarrassé, M. Kühne, N. Roach, A. Hussain, S. Balasubramanian, E. Burdet, A. Roby-Brami, "Analysis of grasping strategies and function in hemiparetic patients using an instrumented object," 2013 IEEE 13th International Conference on Rehabilitation Robotics (ICORR), Seattle, WA, 2013