|Lecturer||Prof. Matthias Althoff|
|Audience|| Elective for Master students in the following programs:
Informatics; Information Systems; Robotics, Cognition, Intelligence; Automotive Software Engineering
|Time & Place|| Wed 8:30 - 10:00 Seminar room MI 02.07.023
Thu 13:15 - 14:00 Interims Hörsaal 1
|Exercise||Fri 10:15 - 11:45 Seminar room MI 01.07.023|
- Due to Easter vacations (Semestertermine) the lecture on Thursday (17.04.14) and the exercise on Friday (18.04.14) is canceled.
- Starting from April 29, 2014, we will have a different room on Wednesday and a different time and room for the exercise on Friday (the Thursday time and place remains unchanged):
Lecture: Wed 8:30 - 10:00 Seminar room MI 02.07.023
Exercise: Fri 10:15 - 11:45 Seminar room MI 01.07.023
- Talk from Dr. Matthias Woehrle (Bosch) on Thursday, July 03, 13:15 - 14:00 in Interims Hörsaal 1
Title: Verification of cyber-physical systems in industry
Abstract: Many innovations in Bosch products and services are based on embedded software that interacts with the physical world through sensors and actuators. The correctness of the resulting cyber-physical system -- software interacting with its environment -- is a chief success factor. A suitable model for such cyber-physical systems is a hybrid system that comprises continuous and discrete aspects of a system. Hybrid systems allow us to model, specify and verify diverse system classes such as automated driving functionalities and industrial robots. Thus, verification of hybrid systems is a crucial technology. In this presentation, we present hybrid system models based on illustrative examples and outline some of the challenges in practical applications of hybrid system verification.
- The lecture on Thursday, May 15 is canceled due to the kick-off seminar for tenure track professors.
- continuous dynamics: modeling, ordinary differential equations, system properties, solution of linear differential equations, simulation of differential equations, stability analysis, introduction to control of continuous systems;
- discrete dynamics: modeling (Moore/Mealy machine, Petri nets, satecharts), solution traces, temporal logic, introduction to model checking, controller synthesis;
- hybrid dynamics: modeling (timed automata, hybrid automata, hybrid statecharts), simulation of hybrid dynamics, stability analysis, introduction to reachability analysis, supervisory control;
- networks of cyber-physical systems; typical hardware (sensors, actuators, computing hardware)
- E. A. Lee and S. A. Seshia,Introduction to Embedded Systems - A Cyber-Physical Systems Approach, LeeSeshia.org, 2011.
- P. Marwedel, Embedded System Design: Embedded Systems Foundations of Cyber-Physical Systems, Springer
- A. J. Van Der Schaft, An Introduction to Hybrid Dynamical Systems, Springer