- 25.01.2017: Our new frontiers article explains the technical and scientific concepts behind the HBP Neurorobotics Platform read more...
- 16.12.2016: Our Science Supplement article on Neurorobotics in the Human Brain Project is now available! read more...
- 03.12.2016: Prof. Knoll contributes in German newspaper article on female robots. read more...
- 30.11.2016: HBP exhibition at European Parliament. read more...
- 25.10.2016: Appearance of Prof. Knoll at 'World Robot Conference 2016' in Beijing. read more... (in Chinese)
- 25.10.2016: EU-Commissioner Oettinger: ECHORD scheme facilitates access to EU-funding for SMEs. read more...
- 21.10.2016: German newspaper article about ECHORD++: 'Vom Labor auf den Markt'. read more...
- 29.06.2016: ECHORD++ attracts thousands of visitors at AUTOMATICA trade fair. read more...
- 02.06.2016: An administrative position in our subproject of the Human Brain Project is available. More information here.
- 30.03.2016: The Neurorobotics Platform is now released. Watch the recorded streams of introduction and the demo on our YouTube channel!
- 10.03.2016: an interesting and provacative talk with Prof Alois Knoll, read more on Robotics & Automation News and Robohub
- 25.02.2016: Prof Alois Knoll speaking at the Axel Springer Award (together with Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, Peter Thiel and the EU parlament president Martin Schulz) Ceremony video , read more...
- 29.01.2016: ECHORD++'s scientific project manager Reinhard Lafrenz named new Secretary General of euRobotics read more...
- 27.01.2016: The report from our IROS 2015 workshop on Advances in Biologically Inspired Brain-Like Cognition and Control for Learning Robots is featured on Robohub.
- 21.01.2016: Gang Chen has successfully defended his PhD thesis: "Resource Management in Real-time Multicore Embedded Systems: Performance and Energy Perspectives". The thesis provides reconfiguration techniques and scheduling algorithms for resource management in real-time multi-core embedded systems.
- 18.01.2016 Information about next term's courses offered by our chair can now be found on our webpage. Please check frequently as information will be updated.
- 15.12.2015: Hardik Shah has successfully defended his PhD thesis: "Predictable and high performance multi-core architectures". The thesis provides techniques to achieve deterministic execution time on multi-core architectures at minimal performance penalty.
- 27.03.2015: TUM students win first Audi Autonomous Driving Cup Photo by Audi, see also press release by Audi and Team information.
- 21.08.2014: At Automatica trade fair 2014 the ECHORD++ team asked the visitors of their booth one simple question: “What do you think is the future of robotics?” We got the most interesting answers from roboticists from all over the world and put them together in a short video.
- 24.07.2014: Our Bavarian Bending Units just became Runner-up World Champion of the Logistics League at RoboCup 2014 in João Pessoa (Brazil) with 10 international teams competing. Congratulations! See more on their website.
- 03.06.2014: Today the European Commissioner for Digital Agenda and Vice-President of the European Commission Neelie Kroes visited our ECHORD++ booth at the Automatica trade fair in Munich. See more on the Echord++ website.
- 04.10.2013: The paper 'Energy Optimization for Real-Time Multiprocessor System-on-Chip with Optimal DVFS and DPM Combination' by Gang Chen, Kai Huang, and Alois Knoll won the BEST PAPER AWARD on the 11th IEEE Symposium on Embedded Systems for Real-Time Multimedia. The paper is selected to publish on ACM Transaction on Embedded Computing Systems. Congratulations! See also here.
- 01.07.2013: TUMsBendingUnits wins Festo Logistics Competition at RoboCup 2013, Eindhoven with a record of 240 points in the finals against 8 international teams. Congratulations!
- 28.06.2013: ECHORD workshop at RSS in Berlin
- 06.06.2013: Talk show about robots and the Human Brain Project on TV, feat. Dr. Röhrbein
- 04.03.2013: Article about the Human Brain Project in FOCUS magazine, feat. Prof. Knoll
- 03.2013: Article about the Human Brain Project in Zukunftsmanager magazine, feat. Prof. Knoll and Dr. Röhrbein
- 28.01.2013: European Commission announces funding for the Human Brain Project. TUM will coordinate the part of the project focusing on Neurorobotics.The Frankfurter Rundschau reports, quoting Prof. Knoll
- 03.09.2012: Version 0.4 of the PROMELA library is available together with the dining philosophers problem generator
- 23.06.2012: TUMsBendingUnits wins Festo Logistics Competition at RoboCup 2012, Mexico City - Report - Video
- 11.04.2012: The PROMELA library for creating and rewriting PROMELA models programmatically is available as open source.
- 26.03.2012: The source code of the Boolean Expression Simplifier library is available as open source.
- 05.03.2012: Have a look at our latest results on geometry-based object grasping.
- 30.08.2011: Our latest human-robot interaction demo of Project JAHIR is again featured HERE and HERE
- 10.07.2011: TUMsBendingUnits wins Festo Logistics Competition - Report on our participation at Robocup 2011 - YouTube-Channel des Teams
- 03.04.2011: RoboCup German Open 2011 - Report on our participation in the Festo Logistics Competition
- 14.02.2011: Research project ECCEROBOT featured on Spiegel Online
- 11.02.2011: European research project RoboEarth featured on IEEE Spectrum
- 08.02.2011: Project JAHIR found on Kinect-Hacks.com
- Thursday, 17.06.10, the automotive group is having another big event @ Maschinenwesen Magistrale
- The automotive group is having a big event @ Mathematik / Informatik Magistrale, Tuesday, 11.05.10
- The Research Project ECCEROBOT appears with an article on the German news magazine Spiegel Online
- ICRA2010 Workshop "European Effort to Strengthen Academia-Industry Collaboration"
- Martin Wojtczyk wins Intel Code Breaker Challenge
- EU CORDIS Future and Emerging Technologies (FET) has published the FET Research Roadmaps - Pointing the way to future ICTs.
- EasyKit Workshop on 2009/11/11
The results of the 3-year project EasyKit will be presented in a workshop that is hosted by Festo Didactic. more...
- German Workshop on Robotics 2009
A Software Architecture for Model-Based Programming of Robot Systems slides are now available
- ICRA 2009 Workshop on Open Source Software in Robotics
The slides from the workshop are now available
- Neuer Masterstudiengang in der Robotik
Zum Wintersemester 2009/10 startet der nicht konsekutive Masterstudiengang "Robotics, Coginition, Intelligence". Bewerbungen bis 15. Juli 2009 unter ...
- EasyKit: New project website launched
The new website www.easy-kit.de offers information on the EasyKit project. more...
- EasyKit at the SPS/IPC/DRIVES in Nürnberg
EasyKit and EasyLab were presented at the automation trade fair running from November 25 to 27, 2008. more...
- Faszination Forschung 3/2008 - Ein Roboter mit viel Gefühl
Am Deutschen Herzzentrum München
entwickeln Mediziner und Informatiker einen Roboter für endoskopische Herzoperationen. mehr...